We are currently seeking a Structural BIM/CAD Technician for our Washington, DC office. Prospective candidates will be in a position to contribute to a number of exciting and high-profile projects with renowned architectural clients and design professionals, and must have strong communication skills and proven expertise in the field of BIM/CAD technology.
Prospective candidates should have led BIM/CAD processes on a variety of projects and have a detailed understanding of engineering techniques, the rationale behind design decisions, and their application through BIM/CAD processes.
• Create 3D models for use in analysis & documentation
• Document & annotate 2D plans, sections, and details generated from 3D models
• Draft 2D plans, sections, and details for CAD-based projects
• Coordinate models & workflow between members of the design team
• Contribute to project-specific QA/QC efforts
• Work as a member of a BIM team, reporting to a BIM Manager
• 3+ years of work-related experience or specialized training in Autodesk Revit Structure
• Solid working knowledge of current Autodesk Revit and AutoCAD software
• Understanding of construction and construction practices
• Ability to read and understand engineering & architectural drawings
• Strong written & verbal communication skills
• Knowledge of other products in the Autodesk Building Design Suite (Navisworks, 3ds Max) is beneficial but not required
• Knowledge of other modeling products (AECOsim, Rhino) is beneficial but not required
• Ability to work overtime as projects require
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.