We are currently seeking a Structural BIM Technician for our Washington, DC office. Prospective candidates will be in a position to contribute to a number of exciting and high-profile projects with renowned architectural clients and design professionals, and must have strong communication skills and proven expertise in the field of BIM technology.
Prospective candidates should have led BIM processes on a variety of projects and have a detailed understanding of engineering techniques, the rationale behind design decisions, and their application through BIM processes.
• Create 3D models for use in analysis & documentation
• Document & annotate 2D plans, sections, and details generated from 3D models
• Draft 2D plans, sections, and details for CAD-based projects
• Coordinate models & workflow between members of the design team
• Contribute to project-specific QA/QC efforts
• Work as a member of a BIM team, reporting to a BIM Manager
• 3+ years of work-related experience or specialized training in Autodesk Revit Structure
• Solid working knowledge of current Autodesk Revit and AutoCAD software
• Understanding of construction and construction practices
• Ability to read and understand engineering & architectural drawings
• Strong written & verbal communication skills
• Knowledge of other products in the Autodesk Building Design Suite (Navisworks, 3ds Max) is beneficial but not required
• Knowledge of other modeling products (AECOsim, Rhino) is beneficial but not required
• Ability to work overtime as projects require
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.