Sara Steele, PE
Registered Professional Engineer: NY
- BS, Civil Engineering, Carnegie Institute of Technology, Carnegie Mellon University, 2001
- Structural Engineers Association of New York (SEAoNY), Board Member 2011 – 2013; Treasurer 2013 – 2016, President-Elect 2016 – 2017; President 2017 – present
- New York State Council on the Arts, Grant Review Panelist, 2012 – 2015
- American Society of Civil Engineers, Member
- American Institute of Steel Construction, Member
Sara Steele joined Silman’s New York office in 2001 and was named an associate with the firm in 2013 and a principal in 2017. Her project experience ranges from new construction to adaptive reuse and historic preservation in project types including education, cultural, residential, medical and commercial. Her projects include a large addition and renovation of the Harvard Art Museums in Cambridge, MA and Lenox Health Greenwich Village in Manhattan. Sara is currently the President of the Structural Engineers Association of New York (SEAoNY) and is serving as the Board Liaison to its Education and Outreach Committee and the Diversity Committee. Additionally, she was a Grant Review Panelist for the New York State Council on the Arts and has been published in SEAoNY Cross Sections and Modern Steel Construction.