Nancy Hudson, PE
- MS, Civil Engineering, University of Colorado at Boulder, 1997
- BS, Architectural Engineering, University of Colorado at Boulder, 1992
- JVA Inc. Consulting Engineers, Boulder, CO, 1996 – 2005
- National Institute of Standards & Technology, Boulder, CO, 1994 – 1996
- Association for Preservation Technology (APT)
- Structural Engineers Association of New York (SEAoNY)
Nancy Hudson has two decades of structural engineering experience, most of which has focused on the preservation, restoration, and reuse of existing structures. She was named a Principal of the firm in 2017 and has managed some of Silman’s most significant projects, many of which entail coordinating with federal, state, and local agencies.
Nancy’s preservation projects range from restoring iconic modern buildings to weaving modern mechanical systems through 19th-century masonry structures to stabilizing failing ruins. As a structural engineer, she approaches historic buildings holistically, as the architecture, structure, and building systems often have become integral, making it difficult to change one without impacting the others. Nancy is experienced with state-of-the-art investigation techniques and balances the use of technology with a practical hands-on approach that informs the investigation, design, and construction to achieve the goals of the owner.